Forgot Kindle password
You won’t be able to get past the Lock screen of your kindle device if you happen to forgot the lock screen password. The only way to get back in is to perform a factory reset, that restores the device to its default settings. If you forgot kindle password then when you reset the device, you’ll lose all content and personal settings. You can know how to reset kindle password through this guide.
However, if kindle displays a frozen screen or you are locked out of due to any other reason, you can easily perform a soft reset without losing any data and settings.
So, let’s go ahead and see how to reset kindle fire password without losing data.
What if you forgot kindle password?
If you happen to forgot kindle password, you can make use of amazon account for kindle password recovery.
However, if you don’t have an amazon account you won’t be able to reset kindle fire password, the only option is to factory reset kindle fire.
A factory reset will erase all the data and personal settings and it will bring back your device to its original settings.
How to reset kindle password?
All that is required for Kindle password recovery using amazon account is to get to reset the password screen by entering the wrong password 5 times.
Follow the steps to know how to reset kindle fire password without losing data.
- Open kindle fire. Enter any random 4-digit PIN on the lock screen. You will see a ‘Please try again’ prompt.
- Now, enter the incorrect PIN 4 more times. After the fifth attempt, you will see a pop-up providing you the option to reset kindle fire password or factory data reset. Since, you have an amazon account, you can tap on the option ‘Reset kindle password’
- Now, you need to enter the amazon account password. Tap on continue.
- On the next screen, you need to type a new password/PIN for kindle device. Tap on save.
- Now, you can log into your kindle using the new password. Your data and personalized settings will remain same.
Factory reset kindle
If you forgot kindle password and do not have an amazon account as well, then the only way to get back is to perform a factory data reset.
- Enter the incorrect PIN for the five times.
- On the fifth turn, you will see a prompt on your device. Tap on the ‘factory Reset’ option.
- Once the reset process is done, kindle fire will reboot. It will ask you to choose a language.
- Select your language and click ‘next’
- Select your wifi network and enter a password to connect to it.
- In the next step, you need to create an Amazon account by providing the email address and password.
So, there you have it, these are the steps that you need to follow for kindle password recovery.
To know more details on what to do if you forgot kindle password, just dial our toll-free number and our technical experts will help you with it.